Published on March 18th, 2015 | by MelShaferHS
Are you looking for a job in the Stockton Community? Here are two exciting opportunities I would like to share with you with just a brief description of the jobs available and how to apply for them.
Delta College’s Foster and Kinship Care Education Office
If you are enrolled and registered as a student at Delta College and have the desire and skills to work with young adults who are current and former foster youth as a mentor during the week then apply now. The job includes clerical work in the office at Delta and a mentor position. You must be a delta student and go through the application process completely to be considered. You will work in the office learning job skills and clerical work and then have the opportunity to work with youth and social workers as well as the other mentors. I have had the opportunity to work with the social workers assisting them in the classroom with the FKCE classes held at Delta not only for youth but for foster parenting education as well and learned many new job skills from my mentors and the professionals I have studied in this position.
The process includes:
- Come to the FKCE office in Budd 207 at Delta and meet with Jennifer Ajinga to pick up an orientation packet and application
- Get fingerprinted (the location to the Live Scan office is listed in the packet and is paid for by the college)
- Get TB tested (location is also provided on packet and is also paid for by the college) don’t forget to go back to the office and have the nurses check the injection site after 3 days and get the paper showing that you are cleared, this is college campus policy and standard for most jobs
- Complete the orientation at Delta College the dates times and location will also be in your info packet and you must have all documents requested at that time
- Once the college and department process your application you will be contacted
Youth Ambassador for HealthShack
As a youth ambassador I get to write blogs about local resources in our community, travel to other youth groups to speak with young adults about the benefits of Health Shack, help create content for our social media sites, give input into the website creation and test new versions of the Health Shack site offering input on the features and what youth need, and much more. I have been able to work with youth my age and also in a professional environment and the Youth Ambassador Program has given me job skills I can take with me in many different jobs and careers. If you are interested email your resume and contact information or fill out the contact form on our site http://www.healthshack.info/contact